Saturday, July 01, 2006

Supergirl: Hussy or Heroine (Double Edited Version)

My hormones are a ragin'. I'm on a natural cycle while we decide what to do with my Eggs O' Crap. Natural cycle means, no meds, wait for ovulation, club DH over the head, drag him into the bedroom and have my way with him. No more romance in this humble abode. It's all business.

Actually, that is not totally accurate. We practically went on a date last night. Went to see the movie, Superman Returns. It was good, looks like there will be a few more sequels which is promising. It wasn't overly sentimental, but due to the hormones coursing through my innards, I cried several times during the movie. The most ridiculous cry came when Superman tore off his shirt and showed the big, red
*S* on his chest right before flying away to save some poor person in Metropolis. Yes, I cried over his underwear uniform. What's next? Weeping over my Thin Mints because Girl Scouts wear a sash? I'm not even on meds which means it's my own natural hormones making me a pile of mush.

Men are so lucky. How nice to not be at the mercy of hormonal mood swings. I bet Superman doesn't have mood swings. Remember Supergirl? Maybe not, she never caught on like Superman- maybe the world couldn't handle her Super Moodiness. Hmmm, how cool would that be? Picture it, you're in the luteal phase, too much progesterone in your system, p.o'ed at the world, and you have the ability to fly and throw people around? The only drawback is trying to fit into that hussy uniform while bloated. Supergirl should be allowed to wear sweats while fighting crime. It's only fair.

*Editor's Note: Meri-ann saved the day! She noticed that I had a picture of Wonder Woman and not Supergirl attached to the link above. I've fixed the problem. I was thinking Wonder Woman was Superwoman/Supergirl. Silly me. I could easily be Wonder Woman. Just have to eat a lot of Wonder Bread, right?

** Editor's Second Note: Okay, I'm going batty. It was Meg that saved the day and mentioned my reference to Wonder Woman when I meant to say Supergirl. Apologies to Meri-ann. Slowly losing my mind. Please forgive. It has been a very difficult weekend. Long story short, we had to put my dog Schuster to sleep today. Am feeling outrageously unfocused and scattered. Will share more later. Must keep self busy and productive around the house until sadness subsides.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Well, there is something pleasantly nostalgic about superman, and that always gets the tears going when I'm hormonal. I vaguely remember supergirl.. maybe she wore more than Wonder Woman.. that might have affected her popularity.. :)

StellaNova said...

I actually feel a little more hormonally predictable when I'm on IVF. My natural hormones do me in every time. TV commercials and birthday greetings in the local newspaper can bring me to tears when the time is right. Men definitely DO have it lucky in that respect (but who'd want spontaneous erections!!?).

:)

Anonymous said...

Huh? What did I do?
I only just read your post!!!! Maybe you're getting your Aussie's mixed up and it was Meg!
BTW WonderWoman was always my fave, I loved her invisible plane and truth lassoo......
Hope the hormones aren't holding you hostage today! If they are, just cry at everything and anything, you're allowed to!

Anonymous said...

Oh no Lassie I'm so very sorry.... Thinking of you x

Meg said...

Lassie! I hope you're ok... that's so so awful.. No wonder you're messy... I'd be too. Hugs to you.