Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Trip and Some Pix

The Mammoth Cave trip came off without a hitch. Well, unless you count the wicked, awful fight DH and I had on the way home. And if you're being picky and want to count the birth-control-induced 6 hour crying jag that occurred on the way home, maybe "without a hitch" is a bit too optimistic. The cave was interesting and we may even go back to show the kids one day. (That is, if we have kids before we are too feeble to manage a freebie cave tour.)

These birth control pills (bcp) make me crazy. How can it be that I can inject copious amounts of follicle stimulating hormone (fsh), lutenizing hormone (lh) and progesterone and simply shed a few tears at toilet paper commercials yet, I take your average bcp and I'm a wailing mess? Yep, that's birth control, baby, no man would ever want to come near me while I'm popping these things.

In the absence of anything more interesting going on in my life, I've included a few snaps from our Saturday dinner date. DH, who will now be known as FlyGuy, flew us to a rinky dink airport 100 miles away for a (are you ready for this?) A Picnic. Flying apparently brings out the romantic in him and I'm not complaining. I just wish a trip to the outlet mall did the same.



Look closely at the squiggly lines in the field. Don't quite know what to make of it. What do you think, a corn maze or a farmer on crack?



Ever wonder what the runway lights look like from the sky? The runway is the stretch of bright, colored lights in the middle of the pic. (We had difficulty finding the airport so FlyGuy had the air traffic control tower turn the lights up all the way)



Once we found the airport the runway lights were turned down to normal so we weren't blinded during the landing. Big difference.



Fidget's first trip. She had to ride in the "cheap seats" which is basically the cargo area behind the back seat. She looks a bit bummed out at this prospect. Yes, FlyGuy is wearing a beer t-shirt in the background. His flight gear is usually a t-shirt and Levis.



This was taken while cruising down the runway before take-off. Fidget is looking ominously annoyed.



Just to prove no Fidgets were harmed in the making of this post. Here is Fidget blissfully rolling in some marvelous stink at the airport after her first flight. She's a great dog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who gets crazy on the pill. Why don't the doctors ever tell you these things?
I'm so impressed with Flyguy. Flying to a picnic! Wow!
Jill

StellaNova said...

Looks like Fidget had a fun time all round! Great name, by the way.

Thanks for your comments on my blog ... I'll let you know how it goes.

Dee said...

Farmer is on crack. Adorable pup!

Meg said...

So cute! I am amazed they let you take Fidget on the plane. Did they metal-detect him?

Bugger that you have such issues with the pill. I've heard quite a few people say that, actually. I was lucky enough to ever have problems (though I was throwing up on my first day of Gonal F, so I guessthat mkes up for it!)

And P.S. Thank you for your support the last day or two, Lassie. I've been dying out here. It is so appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Eh you threw me with your new blog look!
Love the pics, Fidget is way cute and I'm thinking that the whole FlyGuy thing is pretty cool too!
Sorry the bcp's are giving you hell- how much longer you on them?

Anonymous said...

A belated congratulations on finishing your degree!! I know this comment is in the wrong spot, but didn't want you to miss it.
I bet it feels good to be done.

Fidget is cute!!

juliana said...

Sounds just like the way Eric and i end most fun excursions :)
I never had luck with BCP - they made me evil!
Flyguy really is sweet:)