Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Eagle Has Landed

We went flying on Saturday. It wasn't too bad. Turns out DH is a much better pilot than driver. At least I think he is. I don't know enough about flying to know what to complain about or be afraid of. Strangely enough, on the way home, DH had to slam on the brakes several times to avoid hitting the car in front of us. This is what it sounded like (remember he's a southern boy.)

Me: Gosh, are you watching the guy in front of you, you've slammed on the brakes 3 times in five minutes?

DH: Ah'm drivin' purfect

Me: I wouldn't call slamming on the brakes perfect

DH: Weel, it's purfect enough

My question is, what is "perfect enough?" And what does "perfect enough" flying look like? Hopefully, I won't have to find out for a very long time. Sigh.

The flight itself was uneventful. I was tense but didn't let it show. The night before, we had a disagreement and he said, "Ah cain't fly with ya if ya keep actin' scared 'cause ya get mean when ya git scared." I envisioned us going down in a blaze of glory with him shouting, "Ah should have niver got ya up here, yur too tense!" So, I steeled my emotions and acted cool as a cucumber. DH commented on my great attitude more than once. We've decided to fly again soon so I can continue to get used to it. DH is over the moon. But he knows he owes me big-time. Now, I'm racking my brain trying to think of what that little excursion was worth. Diamonds come to mind. He made me a baked potato and called us even. We'll just see about that.

Here are a few pictures of our excursion. I've included one of myself. I don't think it really looks like me. At least, I hope it doesn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diamonds at the very LEAST I'd expect!! You're a better woman than I am, there is no way on earth I'd get into a plane with my DH, expecially when you see how he drives!
BTW I love the way you type your dh's accent, it's hilarious!