Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Prelude to a Pregnancy

I'm feeling shiny today. Eager, excited, the whole 9 yards. It is almost a giddy feeling, similar to the one I had when DH and I started trying to conceive eons ago. Back then, I had no idea our family-making journey was a one-way ticket on the Titanic. Now, I am sufficiently jaded, grumpy, and no longer bathing in my ignorant bliss. Yet, I am beside myself with joy and anticipation.

I know this reaction is, in part, due to the knowledge that if this cycle fails, like the last one, I will bounce. I'll hit the floor hard, then rebound back onto my feet. Possibly, a little bruised, but poised for battle. So, I can afford a bit of optimism and I'm going to ride this wave until I capsize.

My egg retrieval has been scheduled for 8:00 a.m. Thursday morning. I have butterflies in my stomach. Hopefully, they are making a nice nest for the little embryos.

Stats for the record:
Follicles
Left ovary: 21.5, 21, 19.5, 19, 14, 13.5, 10
Right ovary: 17, 13, 12, 11, 10, 5
e2> 2500

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW those little eggs keep growing. You are practically your own little chicken coop. I will be thinking of you all Thursday, as will my husband who is aaking for constant updates. Best of luck.
PM

Dee said...

Best of luck to you!

Lassie said...

Thanks a bunch, your thoughts keep me sane and motivated.
All the best, Lassie