Monday, May 01, 2006

Sometimes You're the Windshield, Sometimes You're the Bug

Today, I'm the Windshield.

My ultrasound and bloodwork came back with good news. The follicles hit a growth spurt, I've got 5 that are currently mature. Here is the lowdown, (reminder: anything above 16 is considered mature.)

Left: 18, 17.5, 17.5, 17, 13.5, 13.5, 13.5, 13
Right: 18, 12, 11, 3 big cysts

I'm considering this a minor victory. I didn't even mind the vein excavation that needed to be done to get a blood sample. I'm just happy that my body is cooperating. Could it be that my luck is turning? I'd pinch myself, but figured that would be overkill since I'll be sticking sharp needles into my tummy in a few short hours.

I've been on medication for 15 days straight and given myself 78 shots. During this time I've had one overdose, one underdose, 3 glasses of wine and a Starbucks coffee. All things considering, this was an easy stim cycle. I basically thought it was doomed since day one so I breezed through it thinking it would be cancelled any day. Unfortunately, this also means I indulged in wine and a Starbucks coffee during spring break. No use crying over spilled milk (or broken eggs, as it were) so I'm thinking positive and looking forward to retrieval.

Tentative plan of action:
Tuesday- 7:00 a.m. bloodwork and ultrasound
Tuesday evening- I give myself shot to trigger ovulation
Thursday morning- Egg Retrieval
Thursday thru Saturday- go crazy worrying if eggs fertilized or embryos grew
Saturday or Monday morning- Embryo Transfer

Stay close, will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is awesome news!! I want you to know I check your blog almost each day to see whats happening with you and your eggs. maybe they aren't "crap" after all.
Andrea

Lassie said...

Aw Shucks, I'm overwhelmed by your kind words. Thank you all for taking the time to read my rantings and making a comment. I love comments, feels good to know you're out there.
Love, Lassie