Saturday, February 25, 2006

Bloodwork Drama

My current RE's office is run efficiently. I speak to a nurse each time I go in for bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring. My only (minor) concern is, the nurses do the blood draws and in three years of infertility, I've never had such horrible pain and bruising from simple bloodwork. I currently have 5 bruises on my arms. At yesterday's appointment the nurse was really rooting around trying to get the vein. It took about 3 minutes of digging before she latched on to it. Three minutes may not seem like a long time, but time yourself for three minutes while digging a needle deep into your arm, it will feel like a lifetime.

Today's draw was done by the same nurse. After a few minutes and several pokes in my right arm, she switched to the left and dug around for several more minutes before finding the vein. I've never had problems like this before. I used to hate the internal ultrasounds. Now, I spend my time worrying about which vein they will be able to tap tomorrow morning.

No comments: