Thursday, February 23, 2006

Stimulation Day 6: Update

It seems my ovaries are responding to the major amounts of Follistim I'm giving them. On Tuesday I went in for an ultrasound. They found 5 follicles. Not too bad for a high fsh'er. Here is the rundown:

Right: 11,9.5, 9
Left: 8,8
The sizes were on target, so I was happy.

Wednesday, I had electro-stim acupuncture. Yes, the needles in my body were hooked up to an electric current. I have been dreading the treatment for months, but felt the time was right for me to try it. Fast forward to...

Thursday ultrasound and bloodwork revealed 8 follicles! Quite a pleasant surprise. Maybe the electric acupuncture was a good idea after all. Here are today's stats:

Right: 16, 13.5, 11, 9, 9
Left: 12, 10.5, 10

Now, I will go in daily for ultrasound and bloodwork until the follicles are mature enough for ovulation. That should be around 22. Tonight I will start a medication that inhibits ovulation. This will, hopefully, allow some of the smaller follicles time to mature. Egg retrieval will be early next week. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

No comments: