Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Insurance Verdict

Green Light.
Called the RE today and the nurse said my insurance issue got cleared up and the cycle is on. I'm not sure how I feel, kind of nervous and excited. I'm also sad. Today, it hit me, it's finally come to this. I didn't get my miracle- I'm going to go through ivf. I have always hoped I'd get pregnant before I made it to ivf. Nope, nada, didn't happen. Progesterone in Oil, here I come. (PIO shots are huge, painful shots in the tuckus. I will give them to myself daily during my two week wait-yuck- but, admittedly, well worth it.)

The Plan.
450 iu Follistim 2X per day
75 iu Luveris 1X per day
Antagon 1X per day
HCG trigger shot
Egg retrieval
Embryo transfer
PIO shot 1X per day for 2 weeks

The nurses at my clinic are very nice and nurturing, unlike the "other clinic" where most of them ignored me after hearing about my fsh level. My new doctor didn't even test my fsh this month. He told me that he already knows it's high so why bother? He's a glass-half-full kind of guy and that's just what I need right now. I'm very glass-half-empty these days. I wish my cup would just runneth over...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi -- Of course, this post is two days old by the time I can pause long enough to actually post. (The little one has been wired at home lately.) Thanks for sharing with me.

Lassie said...

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. It means a lot to me.