Sunday, February 05, 2006

For Whom the Blog Tolls

I'm eager to start "blogging" however, it feels like I'm writing a letter to no one. I'm not convinced anyone will happen upon my blog and begin reading, drawn in by my powerful prose. I suppose, to have readers, I need to tell my friends and family about my blog- yikes. Not sure I want to do that. I worry that somewhere down the line, I'll mention a person or event that will offend someone. I don't want to censor myself to avoid this. Do I simply not tell anyone about the blog thus, condemning it to a silent stream of consciousness?

If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there it hear it, does it make a sound?

Maybe I'll tell just a few friends I can trust. Friends that are not likely to get pregnant anytime soon, or friends that live so far away I won't be bummed out by their expanding belly. Telling DH is another story all together. If he reads this blog, it would feel like he were reading my diary. And I'm certain, one day, we will have an argument and it will drive me crazy that he has access to this blog and he will know all my private thoughts. I guess I could use it to my advantage, I could post about the tiff and always have the last word... tempting.

To those friends or family members who have found their way to this blog, let me say in advance, my rantings are not directed at you. This is simply a forum for me to vent my frustrations about infertility. I am truly happy for anyone who has been fortunate enough to get pregnant. I always wish I were pregnant but, I NEVER wish it were me instead of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I over polite post. Expressly the title attracted me to be familiar with the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I contemplate the brief should secure more info then it has.