Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ruminations on Visualizations

Starting stims the day after tomorrow. Today, I'm really dreading this cycle. DH will be out of town for most of the stims. I'm beginning to wonder if he planned that so he could avoid the inevitable mood swings, crying jags and overall misery. I don't really blame him. Sometimes, I wish I could take a vacation from myself.

A good friend lent me her visualization cd. The first time I listened to it, I was in the car and it almost put me to sleep. Note to self: no meditating behind the wheel. I'm going to use the cd this weekend and mentally will my follicles to grow. I'm afraid they'll be as stubborn as me and not grow just because I asked them to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the CD actually came with a warning label about not using while driving. You don't obsessively read all the liner notes? (Or the cereal boxes for that matter?)

Grow, grow, grow!

Lassie said...

The ONE label I don't read over and over almost got me into big trouble on the expressway at high speed- go figure!

Now, if I had a nickel for every time I reread the back of my shampoo bottle in the shower...