Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Shots in the Bum? Piece of Cake!

Just gave self the first Progesterone In Oil shot. This intramuscular shot is done nightly for two weeks after egg retrieval. This is normally called the 2 week wait (2ww) because I will take a pregnancy test at the end of the 2ww. If I am pregnant I will continue the shots throughout the first trimester.

I feel proud of myself for finally doing the pio shot. I've been dreading it since an ivf friend warned me about the very fat, long needle 2 years ago. It was uncomfortable and physically difficult to twist around and hit the target which is, after all, behind me. I'm currently sitting on a heating pad to fend off the bruises and large welts often associated with these injections. I'm also smiling because I've cleared a hurdle that has frightened me for years.

No comments: