Monday, February 20, 2006

General Malaise

Day 3 of stimulation meds and things are going well with the shots. No gory stories to share yet. Unfortunately, this cycle has me so distracted, I'm finding it difficult to attend to all other aspects of my life such as: job, pets, graduate school, personal hygiene. Yes, it's come down to that, I'm actually too distracted, preoccupied, lame and/or lazy to remember to brush my teeth these days. Thankfully, I'm also in such a sorry state, I haven't left the house in 3 days so the general public has been spared from dealing with my dental funk. Nice, huh?

At least my house is clean. When I've got the blues, it absolutely drives me crazy to sit around an untidy house. During stressful times, I make the most of my hibernation by writing up lots and lots of chore lists and robotically going about the house cleaning everything in sight. Last night, I even read my collection of magazines and catalogs that have been around since the Fall. The only problem is, I missed all the holiday sales so, reading the catalogs was a lesson in frustration- serves me right for letting them sit around for so long. Am I the only one who can't bear to throw out a catalog before reading it? It's a curse.

Well, I've successfully wasted 20 minutes of my day without touching my graduate work, taking the dogs for a walk or trimming my fingernails- all things in dire need of my attention. Now, I'm off to hunt down our lovely new puppy who has been strangely quiet, no doubt contentedly chewing on another pair of shoes or perhaps the cats tail.

No comments: