Friday, March 03, 2006

And Then There Was One

Only one embryo made it to transfer. It was graded average, only a 4 cell when they like to see a 5-6 cell. The good news is, it wasn't fragmented. Except for being a slowpoke, the embryologist said it looked "perfect."

I'm pretty much numb. All those shots, thousands of dollars of medication, the blood draws, crack of dawn appointments: my life for the last month relying on this poor little 4 cell embryo for validation.

I'm trying to be positive, but it's actually painful to hope at this point. I need to find something else to focus on. Let's see, I guess I could go back to my normal life and become productive at work again. I could find time to be social with friends again. Hopefully, there is still life on the outside because it's getting pretty dark and dreadful in the infertility abyss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shared your excitment with the 9 good eggs, and accompanied you on the disappointing trip as it slowly diminished to 4 , then 2, and eventually one embryo. I, too, hope that you can find something to focus on as you continue the waiting game. But, realistically, it is probably going to continue to overwhelm your life for awhile. Thanks for the updates. And tell that little one to "Hang in there!"
PM

Lassie said...

Thanks for being there and rooting for us, PM