Monday, March 13, 2006

Game Shows, Cramps and a Test

Went to church yesterday and was able to genuinely smile. The people there were very supportive. Most don't know any details, only that I was conspicuously absent last week. When they asked DH where I was he said, "she's not sick, just not getting out of bed." Hmmm, guess I won't be using him as a lifeline if I'm ever on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Apparently, he can't think under pressure.

I went to work in a good mood today. I feel like I'm prepared for whatever Wednesday's blood test brings. I'll probably be knocked for a loop for a day or two, but I'm looking forward to a few needle-free weeks.

This afternoon, while at work, I got horrible cramps, absolutely wicked, awful pain. They made me light-headed, took my breath away and made me nauseous. The cramps came every ten minutes and walking around was the only way I could work through them.

It is 13 days past ovulation and today my home pregnancy test was negative. I'm okay, really. I don't promise to be okay tomorrow, but I think I will be. I'm taking it one day at a time, later this week, I may be taking it one hour at a time, but for now, I'm at peace (and hopefully so is my little 4-cell embryo, wherever he may be.)

1 comment:

Lassie said...

Thanks Mango Mom,
Can I call you Mango for short? :)
Your support has been terrific.
Thanks for being there,
L.