Wednesday, March 01, 2006

And Then There Were Two

Out of the 9 eggs that were retrieved, 4 were mature. Of the 4 that were mature, 2 fertilized. I was disappointed to hear this news, but the nurse reminded me that some women have cycles where none fertilize. In fact, the woman in the next room yesterday at my retrieval had none fertilize. There but the grace of God go I. If all goes well Thursday, we will transfer the embryo's on Friday. Then we will do some major praying that the little ones implant.

DH keeps walking around the house smiling, saying he is the father of two embryos. His optimism is scaring me. I feel as though he will jinx us, but I don't dare rain on his parade since this is the first time in 3 years he has found enjoyment in the creation of our family. When infertility hits, all romantic ideas of starting a family go flying out the window. If this cycle doesn't work, we both will be jaded and cautious during future ivf cycles. At least, today, he has the luxury of innocence and I like that. I hate that I've brought infertility into his life.

Must keep my mind on good thoughts, our little embryos are growing in a dish 2 miles from our house. I can't wait to have them back with us, even it is only short-lived. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts.

No comments: