Monday, April 17, 2006

...And We're Off!

A quick update to let my peeps know ivf #2 has officially started. I had bloodwork and an ultrasound done today. Bloodwork showed great hormone levels. The ultrasound showed clear ovaries, no cysts, with 16 antral follicles. Antral follicles are basically very early potential eggs. They may all grow into nice, plump, healthy eggs, but then hell would freeze over and pigs would start to fly so, to avoid the mayhem and greediness, I'm simply hoping for a few good eggs from this crop.

Cross all your bits for me. Gut shots start tonight, I'll let you know how it goes. To those that follow this sort of thing, I'm doing an MDL straight start cycle, high dose fsh with possible pgd. Translation: tiny shots the first few days, adding the big guns in near the weekend then sending a few cells off to Maryland to do some time under a microscope to see just how good/bad my eggs really are.

Sounds like fun, huh? Let the obsessing begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO, GO, GO, GO - EGGS!
I think this Easter / fertility thing could be a positive omen. All my bits are crossed, and I will use the following mantra to help you out:

"Spring has sprung - let the eggs roll!"

Lassie said...

Ohhh, you could be right, maybe this fertile season is a good omen! I never thought of it that way. I guess I didn't see the forest for the trees.

Thanks for taking the time to lend some support and wisdom.
Feedback like yours keeps me grounded.
Take care, L