Monday, April 24, 2006

Updates and Overdoses

Had some bloodwork and ultrasounds done this weekend and my response to the current medication is less than stellar. I have 5 good follicles on my left side, but my right ovary has a cyst and 2 endometriomas on it. Don't ask me what an endometrioma is. I haven't googled yet. I know I've had them before, I think they are related to endometriosis.

The nurse will call me back later today with my blood estrogen level. This information will tell us how useful the 5 follicles are. This ivf cycle may turn into another artificial insemination if I don't get more follicles soon. I am fine with converting the cycle. I'd rather wait for better follicle results before undergoing egg retrieval again. The downside to converting is, I'll be cycling over the summer and I had hoped to be drug-free for a few months while I'm on summer break (I'm a teacher.)

Almost forgot to tell you about the weekend drama. I used the wrong syringe and gave myself a mega dose of Lupron Saturday night. I'm supposed to take .1 cc and I took about .4 cc. Had to page the doctor and confess my stupidity on Sunday morning. She was very nice about the whole thing. Turns out there was no real harm done. Just gave myself a whopper of a headache and a good story for the grandkids.

Will check in soon with bloodwork results. I'm on the fence about this cycle so please just cross fingers that the doctor in the office today has the wisdom to make the right call.
Many Thanks.

No comments: