Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Wanted: Positive Attitude

In true form, the nurse left me a message and gave me an incomplete bloodwork report chirping, "call me back if you have any questions." She called right before the nursing lines were turned off for the evening. Her message did not address converting the cycle to an iui. She simply said my estrogen is going up steadily and I'm supposed to continue my medication. Rising estrogen is good, I'm happy. I will go back tomorrow morning for another blood draw and ultrasound.

This cycle is very different than my first ivf. My current follicles are growing very slowly thanks to my drug du jour, Lupron. This is a good thing because follicles that grow too quick are often poor quality. My fingers are crossed that this drug combination is my golden ticket. It is just so hard to be positive.
I need a mantra, suggestions are welcome.

No comments: