Thursday, April 20, 2006

Needles R Us

No more Lupron headaches, knock on wood. I've started my two other medications, follistim and luveris which means I'm up to 5 shots per day. My abdomen is starting to get bruised. I give myself all my shots, DH refuses, says I'm too much of a control freak. The bruising doesn't bother me because every once in a while, for shock value, I flash him my purple and blue stomach. He naturally feels sorry for me and that's usually good for a nicely cooked dinner or an ice cream run. I know, some of you nice gals probably think that is very manipulative of me, frankly, I agree. But, there is really no harm done, is there? And, need I remind you, if I didn't get my chocolate shake, I could get downright dangerous. So, really I'm doing DH a favor, right?

Okay you don't necessarily have to agree with that, but do you at least feel my pain? Poking sharp metal objects into my body certainly gets easier as time goes on, but the "ick factor" never goes away. We spend our lives avoiding sharp metal objects. Now, I fight with pharmacies to send me more, more, more! More needles, bigger needles, fatter needles- I need Needles! And a chocolate shake every now and then, so sue me.


*These are some of the needles I use during a cycle. The remote is there for perspective. Remember, the needles have to go all the way in. No big deal for the little ones, its that big guy on the bottom that makes me feel woozy when I look at it.

No comments: