Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Score: Lassie 1, Lupron 0

I've started my Lupron shots. For months, I've heard legends about the headaches that come from Lupron, let me tell you folks, its all true. I got a splitting headache while leaving the grocery store today. It was the kind of headache that makes you want to crawl into bed and pull the covers over your eyes. My body alternated between hot and cold flashes as my mind tried to forget about the stabbing pain in my forehead that dripped down my face and made my gums feel weak.

Not being allowed to take any strong medicine, I avoided the drug dealer on the corner whose wares looked appallingly appetizing considering the amount of pain I was in. Instead, I fervently searched the house for the only thing I'm allowed to take, Tylenol. Not believing it would work, I took two. Forty-five minutes later, the pain was gone. This was, indeed, a Lupron-induced episode because my normal migraines don't respond at all to Tylenol.

And that is how Day 1 of ivf #2 went. On a positive note, I treated myself to a new booklight today so, I'm off to snuggle under my comfy blanket and read the last chapter of my semi-trashy novel. Life is good, right now, at this moment, I'm happy. I wish I could bottle it and save it for when the going gets tough, instead, I will enjoy the peaceful respite while it lasts.

No comments: